Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Love America Card

Today's card is for the 4th of July. I have really been laying off the bears so I stuck Uncle Elliot from the Boyds Bear Collection in the picture because I couldn't help myself. He is too cute! I made this card for the Cuttlebug Challenge #37 here at The Cuttlebug Spot. I don't think I ever make a card without using my cuttlebug. I love that thing!!! And, I have a cricut but don't use it now that I have the cuttlebug.

On this card I used the small square spellbinders nesties for under the star buttons (got those at Michael's) and the large square for behind the heart flag. The flag stamp is from Darcie's. I embossed the large square with the circles embossing folder. As you probably have figured out by now, I am a Martha Stewart punch junkie. I don't think I make many cards without one of her border punches and this card is no exception. Just like I never make a card without glitter. I just can't do it. There is stickles on the white part of the flag. I also punched out a red and white corner from a punch I have for the upper corner treatment. That's about it. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for all your compliments. I really do appreciate them more than I can say. Have a great evening!

4 comments:

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Carol, this card is Gorgeous! I'm always at a loss when I try to make patriotic cards. I have one sitting there unfinished right now! :) You sound SO much like me! I LOVE my Cuttlebug embossing folders, Martha Stewart punches and of course GLITTER! I cannot wait to see more. :)

Karen Brooks said...

This is beautiful! Great Job! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week!

Linda said...

Fantastic! I love your card.

Bamabel said...

This is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!

Aymee