Thursday, July 30, 2009

Today's $1.98 Stamp-Hummingbird

Picked this up from the clearance basket at Michael's for $1.98. I just love it. It is an inkadinkado stamp, but there is no name on it. I didn't know how I was going to proceed with coloring this and decided on chalking it. I really love how vibrant the shading turned out. I used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Blue Star to highlight the humming bird by tracing it. I outlined the flowers in icicle stickles and sprayed with a fixative. I tied a cream colored bow and used brass fasteners/brads. Thanks for checking in today. I hope to have another entry tomorrow, although it is giving me problems. Have a great evening.

1 comment:

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Carol. This is absolutely beautiful! The colors you chose are wonderful! TFS--Patty