Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #18

Here we are at Challenge #18 for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Be sure to check out Priscilla's site for all the fun happenings and cash and prizes up for grabs. We would like to thank our monthly sponsor DRS Designs for their generous sponsorship for this month. Also, Creations by Penny is the sponsor for this weeks prize drawing. Also, don't forget that Midnight Madness is looking for the next Guest Designer for the month of October. So hop on over to Priscilla's blog to get all the scoop and the particulars on all that is going on.

Congratulations to our gold star winner- #71 Melody R
Our Remarkable Winners this week are- #29 Jacque, #34 Lorelie Kim, #61 ~Michelle~, #67 Mary Lou, #77 Stephanie Hester, #78 Lisa Cook
I can't tell you how much I enjoy visiting each and everyone of the Midnight Madness Player's blogs. You are all very talented paper crafter's and I applaud each and everyone of you.
Here is our sketch for this weeks challenge. I can't wait to see what you all come up with. For some reason, every time I looked at this I saw my son's converse sneakers. I think I have an overactive mind. But it was sure fun playing with this. Here is my card:My image is from DRS Designs and is P891 Jimbo & the Gang. The stamp actually looks like this:
Just to show you how versatile your stamps can be, I have cut away a couple of the animals. I just love this image. It is so lighthearted and endearing. I used Nana's Kids DP. They have this wonderful design in there that has Monkey's, Giraffe's, Lion's, and Elephant's. My accents were cut from that DP and pop dotted on the card on top of eyelets that I laced my iridescent ribbon through. I used prima flowers, cut the white leaves from the Martha Stewart Frond punch. The main image has been glittered with Martha Stewart Glitter and the little animals have been stickled. I had fun doing this challenge and hope that you enjoyed viewing my creation. I really appreciate and cherish your comments. Thanks for stopping by.

Carol

21 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh Carol, How pretty and sparkly. I LOVE sparkly! Awesome dp to coordinate with this image. Amazing work as always!!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Carol!! I love your coloring, colors, adorable image and all the sparkle. Awesome take on the sketch!!
hugs,
Chris

Shawne said...

this is sooo cute, I love the flowers in the corners and all of that sparkle!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carol, I really like the way you put this card together. It is so pretty and sparkly. I have this stamp too for a future sketch. You have really inspired me! Lovely card.

Carol L said...

When I first saw this week's sketch, I immediately thought of sneakers too!!! LOL I love all the shimmery ribbon you used and the cute little flowers. If you want any stamped images of the witches stamp I used today, please email me and I'll be glad to send some your way. I couldn't find your email anywhere, but you'll find a link for me on our blog:)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Now that is just super sweet and so adorable!! Brilliant design with the sketch and I just adore your use of the DRS image!! HUGS

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Great stamp from DRS stamps, love how you used only a few of the animals. Great layout, glitter, glam and DP. Thanks..

Michelle Pearson said...

how cute is this! I love your sweet creation! :) Congrats on FSS....so happy to be able to creat with you there!

Jessica G. said...

I've never thought to only use a portion of this image -- it's a great way to increase its versatility! Beautiful job with the sketch; I really like your shimmery ribbon!!

Priscilla said...

Super cute card..I love that image and I had no idea you split it.. Your card this week was exceptional :) and you blog picture came out great too :)

Praisin' Scrapper said...

wow! sooo cute!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Carol, I just love how you found dp paper that goes SO perfectly with this image! I'm continually amazed at your imagination! This is just precious in every way girlfriend! :) Michelle

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carol, this is so adorable and I know Vicki would be so proud of you for making this card with "hidden potential" as she does with hers. Very creative use of the little jungle animals on the sides over the ribbons. You really do create some lovely works of art. I adore this one, the colors, the shine, ribbon, dp....everything is just beautifully put together. Brilliant!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Sue said...

What a fun csrd. Love the sparkly ribbon you used. I could see how it looked like a sneaker! Very nice.

Lisa B said...

Carol,

First I would like to say that your cards are amazing. I love how you cut away the animals.

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I guess one day we will have all the answers. Until then we keep on living.

I am going to add you to my follow list.

Thanks a bunch!
Lisa

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

such an awesome card! i have that same cardstock in the background and would never have come with that idea! Thanks for your comment on my entry! I skate at the RDV sportsplex out in maitland Fl. Its nice to know someone live in FL. I have no scraping friends in my area =( Im trying to find people in Florida maybe we can all go to a crafting convention if they have another in Fl and meet there. Its always nice to meet fellow crafters and put a face and personality to blog friends. Your cards always come out so GREAT!

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful interpretation of the sketch - this is a beautiful card, I love the DCWV Nana set too! I really like all the effort and little touches that make you just want to sit and enjoy the eye candy!

Susan said...

uw kaart is verry lovely.

bye bye susan

Annette Bowes said...

WOW, what a beautiful card, love the colours you have used, love the animals too, beautiful flowers, take careX:)

stephanne said...

Awww, this is sooo fun and cute, I love what you've done with the image, you've used it brilliantly, and it looks great all glittered up, the papers and the lacing look perfect and, well, okay, it is everything, really, everything is perfect!! Thanks for coming by to see my projects too!!
Stephanne

Melody said...

So many pretty details you included for this sketch!