Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #19

Hello everyone and welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #19. Be sure to check out Priscilla's Blog for all the information regarding prizes and all the great blog candy up for grabs. Each week the DT picks a Gold Star Winner for outstanding work. This week the Winner of the Gold Star Award is
#5 Vickie (basement stamper)
Also, since it is always so hard to chose and the votes are always so close we have another category to recognize our other terrific entries we call the Remarkables. This weeks Remarkables are: #36 ~michelle~, #45 Sandee and #54 stephanne. Congratulations ladies on a job well done.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the weekly bonus sponsor: 62 Cards and the Monthly Sponsor DSR Designs!

Here is the sketch for this weeks challenge.

I decided to add to my stash of Christmas cards. I think I send out approximately 50 cards at Christmas. So I am getting there, but still have a long way to go. I don't know about you, but I just love to make Christmas cards.
I found this pink dp in my stash. It is pretty old and time to cut into it!!! I used last years release Martha Stewart snowflake punch for these snowflakes. I love the intricate shape of these. I punched a snowflake brad through the middle of them and added a pink rhinestone on top of the brad. The snowflakes were stickled. A Martha Stewart border punch was also used for the lace. I feather stitched the outside of the card on my sewing machine. There are 4 layers of this Fred She Said digi stamp pop dotted one on top of the other.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check out all the details regarding the fun going on at Pricilla's blog for Midnight Madness. I appreciate your stopping by today and appreciate your thoughts and comments. They really make my day!

20 comments:

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carol, what a happy, pretty Christmas card this is. I just love the colors and image on this one, which is colored so perfectly. All the sparkles, snowflakes and edging brings a sweet delicacy to it. Fabulous job on the sketch, and thank you for all your help with the MMDT!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Maria Matter said...

That's beautiful Carol!!! love the sparkle!

blessings, Maria

Carolivy said...

Terrific card Carol! I love all the bling and glitter!
Hugs
Carol

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a beautifully nostalgic card. The snowm and and the little girl are precious. This card of your's is so festive and well designed! Super fantastic!

Carolyn said...

Very sweet card, Carol. I love the sparkly snowman and the pretty pink paper. Wonderful coloring too.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Carol!!! I love your coloring and all the glitz. Beautiful colors and design!!! The sparkly snowman is too cute!!

Winnie and Patty said...

This card really makes me happy. I truely don't know what I like most about it, maybe all the sparkle. TFS

Priscilla said...

Pink and blue cool combo for a christmas card....love the sparkle and all the extras... well done on the sketch.
Priscilla

Carol L said...

How darling! I just love all the snowflake accents, plus the pretty punched borders! The main image is perfectly colored! Just lovely!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

The pink and blue are fabulous on this card. Lots of details and very cute Christmas digi on the card front, the snowflakes and bow make it very glitter/glam. TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just amazingly GORGEOUS!! I love all the fun sparkle and the sweet images!!! Just gorgeous!! TFS!! HUGS

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Very beautiful, Carol!

Hugs, Fred

Linnie said...

OMW this is just a darling card fab work
linniexxx

marilynprestonn said...

Too sweet Carol. I just love your little snowman and girly image. Nice and bright for the coming holidays. Great work with the sketch too.

Kindly, Peggyxo

Rosemary said...

So, so cute!!!

Sue said...

I love snowmen, this image is so cute. Love the pastel colors you chose too! Snowflakes are a great touch, very nice.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute image and love the softness of this card. Very eye soothing!
Hugs,
Cabio

peggysue said...

Don't you love finding stuff in the stash? Cute paper and an adorable image, colored so nicely. Great touch of bling too.

Michelle Pearson said...

how absolutely cute is this?! I'm lovin the image from FSS! :) ...and all the lace and snowflakes....love your work! :)

stephanne said...

Wowie, love that sparkly snow, what a wonderous snow shower it must have been!! Love your feather stitching and your very pretty take on a Christmas card :)
Stephanne