Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #27

Welcome to week number #27 of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Last week while visiting your blogs, I saw some very creative and inspiring ways you created the fan element on last weeks sketch. Here is this weeks sketch:
When I chose this image from Michelle Perkett, our sponsor for this week, there is one phrase that kept going through my head and I just couldn't shake it. When looking at this image called "Autumn", I kept thinking of "Fruit of the Spirit". I wrote a poem to place inside this card about the "Fruit of the Spirit".
I printed three images and layered them on the square scallop nestabilities. I used Plaid's Antique Liquid Embossing Glass Finish on the image. I colored this with pencils and blended. My flowers are hand crocheted from my own pattern and embellished with a pearl brad. I used some shiny glitter leaves and rhinestones for the corner.Here is a nice close up of the details of the layering and the embellishments used on this wonderful card. I actually dyed these flowers in Rangers re-inkers-they were crocheted with white crochet thread. The image was lots of fun to color. I used a combination of red, brown, and gold for her hair. I love red hair and most times your will find my girl images with red hair. Here is the poem I wrote to correspond with this card. What a way to take your cards to another level. I encourage you to give it a try. Be inspired by your images and see where your creativity will take you!
Here is another picture of the entire inside of the card. The left side is blank for a personal note and salutation. Would you like the crochet pattern for these little flowers?


Congratulations to our Midnight Madness Award winners this week:
Every week it gets harder and harder to pick a winner. We narrowed it down to these great card crafters:

Our Gold Star Award Winner this week is:
1. Grace N.

Our Remarkables Winners this week are:
9. Super Nan
16. Connie M.



A big thanks goes out to this week's sponsor Michelle Perkett. I used her wonderful image Autumn. Please check out all of her wonderful digi images, I am sure you will find lots of wonderful images to spark your creativity.

Michelle is giving away my 8 1/2 x 11 digi page called, "Christmas Delights" and 6 of her "Winter" greeting cards.



Michelle's Scrapbooking & More is a Monthly Bonus Prize Sponsor for the month of November. Please be sure to check out the Midnight Madness Blog for the huge list of goodies in this wonderful prize. Thank you so much Michelle!!
Thanks everyone. I hope you all have a great week. Some of you may have Wednesday (Hump Day) off for Veteran's Day. Be sure to "Thank" a military person in your community for their service to our Country. It will surely make their day. I'll be around visiting your blogs!!!

Carol

14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Carol, your creation is beautiful inside and out!! I just love your bright cheery colors, the shimmer and the crocheted flowers!! Awesome coloring and design!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous! Love the colors and all the texture! Just awesome!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

WOW, that is exceptional. I love all those bright colors and layers and wow, just came together so fabulous, great 'Fruit of the Spirit' theme.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carol, what an amazingly beautiful card..again!! I love that you complete your creations with your beautiful poetry....a wonderful talent you have! Lovely bright colors you've incorporated with your image which fits perfectly with your pretty coloring. Fabulous job. Your inspiration never fails.
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carol, I have to say that although all of the DT cards are outstanding this week, I especially am drawn to your beautiful, vibrantly colored card. I also really like the fact that it is so complete inside and outside. Your verse is lovely. Great take on the sketch this week! LOVE IT!

Priscilla said...

WOW so much eye candy going on here...what to look at first. I love those flowers and I know you made them..do I smell a tutorial..LOL I bet they are hard to make though. Your inside is just stunning too. You rocked the sketch woman :) Hey, thanks for all the extra help..you hold down the fort for me while I am gone K ? {{{{{{{{{{big hug of thanks}}}}}}}}}}

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous and stunning. Well worth the time you spent on this card. You even hand crocheted those fantastic flowers. OMG Carol, you are too talented!
Hugs,
Cabio

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Carol - I have finally made it here and the trip was so worth it! This is one gorgeous creation...I find that actually coming to your blog I notive all of the detail far more - there is so much here for the eye to see - gorgeous! Love that crochet flower, and you dyed it....hmmm... is there anything you don't do well! Always inspiring coming here Carol - you are one gifted lady! I love your poem - beautiful and so true! God bless you my BFF! LOL! {{{hugs}}}

Carolyn said...

Carol~ I am so sorry that it took so long to get over here this week!! I love your card!! You have such a way with papers and colors. The inside is spectacular. Every bit as beautiful as the outside. It is just stunning.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Michelle said...

Hi Carol!

I am so blown away by all of the work you put into on your card, just amazing! I love the colors you chose and all of the embellishments, so beautiful! Thank you so much, Carol!

Michelle :)

Sue McMahon said...

Wow, I just love all the colors and textures you have going on! Wonderful embellishments, Carol!!

Sue

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol, this is a wonderful card. I especially love your crocheted flowers! Perfect accent. Now I'm off to play this weeks challenge! TFS

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW!!! Carol this is amazing!!! So much beauty to look at! WOW!!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Carol, this is just gorgeous! I really love the vibrant colors and layers! My goodness! Your crocheted blue flower is perfect for this card too! :) Michelle