Monday, December 19, 2011

Blue Christmas Without You

I’ll have a blue Christmas without you
I’ll be so blue just thinking about you
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won’t be the same dear, if you’re not here with me

And when the blue snowflakes start falling
That’s when those blue memories start calling
You’ll be doing alright with your Christmas of white
But I’ll have a blue Christmas

This card was suppose to be for a challenge at SCS that my friend Sue hosted on VSN. The challenge was to make a "Blue" Christmas card. Well, I started out with good intentions, but the rules are you only have 45 minutes to make the card. This card took on a life of it's own and is way more than a 45 minute card-so I never posted it. But I do love it!!

I used Stormy Sky's Distress ink on all my embellishments and lots of glitter. The poinsettia were cut from vellum and Tilda's coat has polar white flower soft.
Here is how I decorated the inside of my card. So I am having a "Blue" Christmas. I would love to have a "Blue" Christmas one year. I think a white tree with blue ornaments would be an awesome decorative touch. When I used to Manage The Heritage Bank in St. Marys Georgia, I decorated the bank with blue Poinsettia and ornaments on the tree. Our bank logo feature blue as the main color so I took the idea from that. It was really pretty.
Challenges Entered:
Crafty Boots - Christmas
Critter Sketch - Let It Snow
Hookedoncraft - Christmas
Kaboodle Doodles - Oh Christmas Tree
Pollycraft - Punch It
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Use a Sentiment
The Ribbon Reel - Shabby Holiday Winter (Photo Inspiration)
Whoopsi Daisy - Sparkle and Shine
Addicted-to-Stamps - Snowflakes
Christmas Card Challenge - Non Traditional Colors
Dream Valley Challenge - Christmas
Gingerloft - Christmas or Winter
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Winter Wonderland
Opus Gluei - I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
Pile It On - Bling It Up
Just Magnolia - White and one other color

Thanks for stopping by. I am going to bed early tonight-I must have baked 75 dozen cookies this weekend and I am wiped out!!! See you soon

33 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

I love it too! Beautiful card, beautiful coloring and beautiful embellishements. Great job!

mlarisa said...

Ваша открытка просто потрясающая! Вся такая нежная, снежная и праздничная! Очень красиво!

Marisa said...

A wonderful wintery scene and card! Love the sparkle and punches!

Emily Keaton said...

All of those blues are amazing, Carol!! Yeah, I can see how that card took more than 45 minutes. I can't imagine you ever spending less than that on a card!! Your lovely creations always have so many fantastic details. I could look at them for hours!! This one is definitely sweet--those blue frosted trees are magnificent. Thanks for the eye candy!

Moira said...

Gorgeous!!

Thanks for participating at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again next week!

Kathleen said...

Wow this is stunning. I love all the blues.
Kathleen x

Eva Marie said...

wow...this is stunning dear!
I love this gorgeous card...

Thanks for playing at Dream Valley.
Merry christmas.

xx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh my good gosh Carol this is absolutely AMAZING. I love it soooo much. Such a beautiful color you used on everything. Tilda is so beautiful and I LOVE those flowers and all that sparkle. Makes me want to dive right in this lovely winter wonderland. Those tree's and snowflakes are a work of art. You've once again blown me away with another master piece!!!!!
Happy Holidays
Hugs Bonnie

Alanna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors you used and all the bling. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable - LOVE your big bow! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Kaboodle Doodles!

Katie said...

So fabulous, love all the punching and die cuts and glitter!
Thanks for playing in Christmas Card Challenges and Pile It On this week :)

pat said...

GORGEOUS card!! love everything about it! thanks for joing CCC this week! hope to see you back next week.

Brigitte said...

WOW, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love your colouring and the trees, also the snowflakes are wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and I hope to see you again next challenge. Happy Holidays,
Brigitte

Oscar said...

Beautiful card and so much detail. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Pretty blue card :) It's my favorite color!
Merry Christmas and God Bless you in the New Year!
Warmly,
deb

redwasher1 said...

Carol, this is so beautiful inside and out!!! I did a blue Christmas a few years back and it is really pretty! I have been missing seeing your beautiful cards and glad to have found you again. Hope you have a very merry and warm Christmas!!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so very beautiful - those trees that are all sparkly look like ice and snow. What a beautiful treatment. Thanks for sharing your creativity with at Pile it On, Elizabeth (DT)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

Benzi said...

Absolutely fabulous, Carol! I love blue for Christmas, although I don't use it for decorating. Oh, but that would be gorgeous and may have to try it on my slim tree next year. But, of course, that would mean buying all new decorations. Want to contribute to that fund? LOL

Electra said...

I'll bet the blue in the bank was lovely! As is your pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Opus Guei and have a wonderful Christmas!

Christa said...

What a wonderful card !! Like the blue.... Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Christa.

Pauline said...

This is a stunningly beautiful card, and I love the decorated inside too! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Shirley said...

She is adorable and the card is lovely!

purple_pea_fran said...

Just so pretty and stunning! Thanks for sharing with The Ribbon Reel this week.

Marlies said...

Wauw what a gorgeous card!! I love all the blue! Beautiful details and embellies! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. hugs, Marlies

NancyD said...

Such a darling card and wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining us this time at Critter Sketch for our "Let it Snow" challenge. Merry Christmas! NancyD
P.S. thank you also for your consistent comments on my SCS entries!

Rosemary said...

This card is so beautiful, I absolutely love it. It deserved all the time it took, it reflects your care and a great eye for design. Just gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing it with us at Opus Gluei! Merry merry Christmas!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'll bet the bank never looked prettier, when you were decorating for them. :)

This is a great frosty card, loving all those touches of sparkle, and little details like the blue jingle bells and silvery cord on the snowflakes. I bought that Himalayan punch because of you, but mine don't look quite as fancy as yours do! LOL

Candace said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all the sparkle and embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Merry Christmas! :)

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Punch It Challenge.
Hugs Lynsey x

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, love the colour and all the sparkle. Thank you for joining us this time at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, such a stunning card, it is fabulous.


All of the excitement of the past week or so has put me well behind, sorry. I hope your Christmas was as good as mine and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very happy New Year.

Thank you for entering this Crafty Boots challenge.

Dionne

Suzan L said...

Hi Carol, your card is so gorgeous inside and out!! I love all the embellishments that you have added to it and Tilda is colored so beautifully!! Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia and hAnglar and stAnglar Challenge Blog. I hope you join us again soon!! Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Suzan