Friday, August 17, 2012

Chocolate Wine and Roses

 Hi my friends and fellow card makers.  Today I want to share with you something I made for the Dirty Dozen Design Team at Splitcoast stampers.  Our theme for the month of May was "Chocolate".  So this card came to life because when I think of chocolate I think of  "Chocolate, Wine, & Roses.  Of course, I don't have any wine here, but I have been know never to pass up a glass of Champagne.  I love Champagne!  Maybe this could pass as a hint of Champagne with the shading around the roses, huh!!!
 This was created with a Fred She Said digital image.  I used the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Die, Martha Stewart Iron Gate Punch Around the Page, and the corners are a Heartfelt Creations exclusive die.  The little brown sparkly dots are Recollection from Michael's and I painted all the edges with Smooch Glitter in Frost.
 The flowers I outlined in stickles.  I cut out the image and flowers so this is layered three times for dimension.  As you can see in my pictures I did not use the entire punch around the page piece-there is about 5/8's of it here in this layout.  I also used the Rose Cuttlebut embossing foler for the large white background piece.
Thank you for stopping by today to view my creation.  I sure do appreciate it.  I hope you have enjoyed your stay and I will see you again soon!

9 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Aw, man, I thought you were offering chocolate, wine and roses as blog candy! LOL No, seriously, what an elegant card, Carol. Super beautiful!

(PS I owe you an email, my friend :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Carol!! I LOVE the shades,roses,leaves, and design on this! Of course i love wine,and chocolate too! Now I wish I had a bottle here...LOL cant just get one at the grocery store , we have to go to a state run store. Anyways I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!
hugs to you,
Cheryl

craftieodmae said...

this is beyond gorgeous!!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

What a fabulouse job you did with the challenge of Chocolate. The flowers are so beautiful!

Lisa aka Raining said...

The roses are just gorgeous!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous card Carol.

greetings karin

Benzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benzi said...

Carol, what an awesome creation. I love those roses and all the glitter sends them right over the top...great shading around the flowers, too. Love the chocolate colors. It's a WOW card.

Caroline D. said...

Super gorgeous!! Your roses are stunning and the colors are wonderful!! The card colors make me want to have chocolate right now! lol