Friday, June 8, 2012

Fred She Said Parrot Tulip

 Just in case you haven't seen this I made this for the More is More Dirty Dozen Challenge back in February.  IAnyone who knows me knows that I always say how hard it is for me to do a CAS card-so this was a challenge....lol But all and all I had a blast doing this.
 
 Here is the more clean and simple card that I made.  I could have put more "stuff" on it but I tried to keep it as simple as possible and use the same ingredients I used in the more intricate card.

 Here is my more intricate card.  There are plies and plies of punches and die cuts on here and I just love it!!!  lol

 Here is a peek at the inside of the card. 

Here is a close up of the flowers.  This image is a single fl I used the loopy punch around the page from Martha Stewart for this. The oval and the beaded oval dies are from Spellbinders as well as the fleur de lis pieces. I distress inked the edges with bundled sage distress ink and touched the edges with stickles. I used the same supplies for the less embellished card-just not as much.ower but I flipped it and cut three of the flowers out to create this. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I really appreciate your visit.  Have a great weekend and see you soon!

11 comments:

Kathlene said...

Wow, love your beautiful cards and how you've used the MS loopy punch along with the SB dies. Just gorgeous! Hugs,Kathy

Marisa said...

My favorite flower and the ruffled version is gorgeous!! Love the way you grouped the tulips and great punched border to frame them, not to mention using one of my favorite colour combos of pink and green! Total beauty, Carol :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Carol,
Oh my, such a pretty card! Card making is something I had hoped to get into but I never did. I even took a course a few years ago but the cards the lady had us make were quite juvenile and I was looking for something more like yours. Beautiful, and the edges are so pretty. Thank you for stopping by my little home on the web and leaving your very nice comment. Hope you have a delightful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Love crafts forever said...

Hello Carol. I'm in love with your card here. I alway looking on this punch at michael's, but never buy yet. I think after looking on your card this will be my next item.
Hugs Nataliya

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--both of these cards are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Of course, I love the one with piles and piles of embellies! We have to catch up soon! hugs--Patty

Emily Keaton said...

I gasped out loud when I saw these cards, Carol. Those tulips are breathtakingly beautiful!! Oh MY goodness!!! Your CAS creations here are just wonderful. WOW!

Nan G said...

Oh my! Breathe.....gasp! These are so gorgeous! Your punch treatments and die cuts are fabulous! And those tulips! How on earth did you cut them out? Amazing!

Sue said...

Both cards are stunning, beautiful colors, layering and punch work......you're cards are amazing!

Hugs
Sue

Benzi said...

Carol, this is fabulous. I love tulips...really love them. Wow!!! You can make any kind of card and it will be gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Hello, Where I can buy the stamp of tulips. I think it is superb. Your card emphasize them well it is very pretty. Thanks for your answer and good continuance in your plan. Friendship of France. Christine

Unknown said...

Hello, Where I can buy the stamp of tulips. I think it is superb. Your card emphasize them well it is very pretty. Thanks for your answer and good continuance in your plan. Friendship of France. Christine