Monday, July 29, 2013

CottageCutz Quackers & Quack

 Greetings friends and papercrafters.  How about Quackers and Quack???  Aren't they super cute!   Just had to pair these little cuties with this fun stamp I got at the Scrap Expo this summer.    Sing in the Rain, Dance in the Sun, Dream by the Light of the Moon.  The Quacker on the left looks like he is dancing and the one on the right looks like he is singing.  I just knew I had to pair these two items together.  I love this sentiment.  It reminds us to enjoy life and not take ourselves too seriously!
 Here's my dancing Quacker.  I die cut him out on yellow card stock and distressed him with Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  The Bill and the fee were cut on a melon colored card stock.  I put a little pink chalk on the cheeks to my Quacker a little flushed from all that dancing.
 The Singing Quacker was created in the same manner and attached to the card with some foam pop dots.  I just love how they go so well together on a card.
 The corners were created with the Bella Spring Corner die.  It gives it the lacy feel.  I added three handmade daisies with rhinestone centers and a few punched leaves.  So fun to make and so cute to send.   Thanks for stopping by today.  I sure do appreciate it.  Happy Crafting!

11 comments:

Benzi said...

Carol, I LOVE Quackers and Quack and those names are just too cute. Your card is so fun and cheerful. I adore the sentiment, too.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Hi carol:
I have never heard that saying but OMG it is so nice and true I want to memorize it...as for the lovely ducks is was nice that you colored them a little, it gave them more "life"
beautiful card as always
bibiana

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is super sweet and gorgeous card Carol.

greetings karin

Marisa said...

Those ducks are just too cute!! Love the daisies too! Darling card.

Sherri said...

These have to be some of the cutest ducks I've ever seen. Being on such an adorable card doesn't hurt either!

nwilliams6 said...

Great ducks and the sentiment is so refreshing and positive - just like you! Wonderful creation my friend - sweet and memorable as always! Hugz!

JD/ Jill said...

Just adorable!

Marisa Job said...

This is the cutest card!! Love it!!

Donna Ellis said...

Oh, Carol. I am smiling from ear to ear. And even tho you said one is dancing and one is singing, the Quackers look like one is saying, "Who wants to be on Carol's darling card?" and the other is jumping up and down saying, "Me! Me! Me!" Super sweet. Love the shading and details. One thing which always impresses me about your cards is the the many, many layers which look rich, fabulous and bring out the "flavor/feel" of your design. So amazing. Your sentiment is dancing, singing, and loving life - I can tell just by the calligraphy! Carol, let's dance together, ok? Since neither of us can carry a tune? hugs, Donna

Colleen Dietrich said...

How cute! You always show off Cottage Cutz to the utmost, Carol. These two are so sweet.

Caroline D. said...

You're right... the cutie pie duckies go great with that sentiment stamp! Adorable card and love all the layers. The vine looking corner die caught my eye!