Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Colorless Mini Album Swap-My Scrap Room

 Hello Everyone!!!  Here is a project I want to share for the swap I did over at "My Scrap Room".  It was called a "Colorless" Mini Album.  We were to make an album 4 x 6 with six pieces of chipboard using only white, cream, tan, and beige along with tea dye distress ink and black ink for stamping.   My album is 4 x 6 x 4-yeah it is really thick and I made it twice trying to reduce the size of it-but no it came out thick too the second time.  Oh well, I have another mini for me.  I will show that one to you soon too.   The first photo is of the album cover.
 Here is the first and second page.  On the left is a page with a couple of tags and all metal embellishments are from Recollection.  On the right is one of my hand crocheted flowers with a bird die cut from CottageCutz.  I used the Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch Around the page for the photo mats.
 Page 3 & 4 is tag pockets using lace and a crochet flower.  The leaves are a CottageCutz die and so is that beautiful Birdcage on the tag on the right. 
 Page 5 and 6 are elements that open to hold photos.  The flowers are Prima and some that I won at the Crop at CKC in Jacksonville.  The wreath is a CottageCutz die.  The stamps are Cloud 9 and something I got a JoAnn's on clearance a while back.
 Page 7 & 8  include a little CottageCutz envelope that opens to include a little mini inside.  The photo mat on the right is spellbinders dies with "Want2Scrap bling.  There are a couple of Marvey Punch glittered hearts behind the crochet flower.
For page 9 & 10 I have another page that opens to place a couple photos inside.  The tags on the right are again the pretty CottageCutz Birdcage.  The doilies throughout are Cheery Lynn.  This was a blast to make.  I really enjoyed it and hope to do it again-just think how cool this would be for Halloween.  Thanks for visiting today.  Below is a video in case you want to see more of the album.  Please excuse the lens cap in the lower left hand corner.  I video recorded this at work so I could send the album off to my swappie and didn't notice the boo boo until it was too late.  Thanks for watching.  Happy Crafting.




12 comments:

Sherri said...

This is just a WOW album! You always amaze me with your creativity and this is no exception. Awesome doesn't begin to cover it!

Marisa said...

WOW!! This is amazing!! A true labour of love!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Carol - you've likely seen my lengthy comment on your youtube location - a lovely labor of love (wow! alliteration!) - just beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing every last detail! hugs, de

Shelly Schmidt said...

Dear me- what an absolute stunning album!!! Each and every page a work of art- LOVE the cover.... Loving all of the dimension and texture and details on each and every page!

craftieodmae said...

I'm speechless, this is not a mini album, it's pure art!!!!! You never fail to amaze me!

Marisa Job said...

Another impressive project!! Just beautiful!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww Carol your album is absolutely beautiful!! Love all the details inside!!! Hope you have a super wonderful day!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Benzi said...

In a word....FABULOUS! I love your crocheted flowers and EVERYTHING else. Yes, I was happy my team prevailed.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Carol!! Your album is just amazing!! Such a beautiful design in every way!! I thank you so much for your kind visit!! Hope all is well with you! HUGS :)

nwilliams6 said...

Carol - this is so pretty! I tried to visualize this when you told me about it, but it is so much more than I had every pictured. Love the sweet little details (and the big ones too). This is wonderful and so elegant! Wow - you continually amaze me. Post pics of the wedding albums and the tabletop decorations too. You have inspired me here - I may try to do something like this too. Hugz - miss ya!!!!!

Love crafts forever said...

You "hope we will joy your mini"????? OMG!!!!! Yes i am!!!! My goodness Carol this is so gorgeous. You know me, i am a glitter queen lol. Anything with sparkles are melting my heart. you put so much work to it, and it's shows.
Thanks for sharing.
Nataliya

Pinklady 68 said...

A gorgeous mini album!!!!! Beautiful put together with lovely colors and details!! Love it:-)

Have a great weekend! Hugs Laila.